Designed specifically for those in leadership roles - primarily senior managers and CEOs - Leadership/Impact® (L/I) represents the cutting edge of research into leadership effectiveness. For executives to be leaders, they must transform, shape and influence the environment within which people operate and the ways in which they approach their work and interact with each other.
L/I provides those in leadership positions with unique insights into their leadership strategies and the impact of these on the behaviour and performance of those being led. It is this researched relationship between strategies and behavioural impact that makes L/I quite unique.
L/I provides leaders with feedback on:
- Leadership Strategies - the extent to which the leader personally acts in prescriptive ways (guides others’ activities and behaviours towards goals, opportunities and task accomplishment) versus restrictive ways (constrains or prohibits activities and behaviours)
- Impact on Others - the extent to which the leader motivates or drives people to behave in Constructive, Passive/Defensive or Aggressive/Defensive ways.
- Effectiveness - including a number of organisational leadership and personal effectiveness measures
The Leadership Strategies L/I measures include:
Creating a Setting
Feedback from M/I enables participating leaders to compare:
- Their desired future effectiveness against their current effectiveness, as described by the people around them
- The impact that they ideally would like to have on others versus the impact that they actually have on others
- Their self-perceptions of their leadership strategies to the descriptions by others (feedback from peers, direct reports, and higher-level managers)
Unique characteristics of Leadership/Impact® (L/I)
- Provides leaders with extensive gap analysis of the impact they want to have and their actual impact along with implications for organisational culture
- Links behavioural impact directly with specific leadership strategies and the impact these have on leadership effectiveness
- Meets rigorous academic and psychometric standards
- Integrates with the Group Styles Inventory (GSI) and the Organisational Culture Inventory® (OCI) measures to show the link between individual, group and organisational level behaviours