Organisational Effectiveness Inventory™
Research and development by Robert A Cooke, PhD and J Clayton Lafferty, PhD.
The Organisational Effectiveness Inventory™ (OEI) is your gateway to a deeper understanding of your organisation’s culture – gained through the perspectives of the people who live it every day.
A partner to the Organisational Culture Inventory® (OCI), the OEI provides valid, reliable and useable data on the structures, systems, technologies and skills/qualities that affect your culture – and whether they need to change to improve performance and long-term effectiveness at individual, group and organisational levels.
How it works
The OEI is a 128-question survey that gathers confidential feedback from your employees on:
- their experience and perceptions of things that influence, and can be changed to improve, your organisational culture and performance
- the outcomes of your culture for individuals (such as in their engagement), groups (such as in their teamwork) and the organisation as a whole (such as in its adaptability and overall quality).
The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete, and can be supplemented with up to 40 items or questions of your choice.
The survey data is processed electronically, and a report generated to meet your organisation’s needs. A Human Synergistics consultant or accredited practitioner then guides you through the findings and the steps required for successful change management.
The OEI survey is available online and on almost any digital device, as well as in hard copy.
We recommend that you apply the OEI in tandem with the Organisational Culture Inventory®, which reveals what you’re really asking of your employees and how it affects their performance, motivation and job satisfaction. The OEI also integrates with the Life Styles Inventory™, Group Styles Inventory™ and Leadership/Impact® measures to capture the links between individual, group and organisational behaviour.
The benefits for your organisation
The OEI enables you to measure and assess the important internal practices and conditions that are likely to affect your organisation’s culture, performance and long-term sustainability.
It’s particularly valuable for organisational change initiatives such as:
- assessing your employees’ attitudes, motivation and stress levels
- identifying targets for changing and improving employee engagement and organisational performance
- developing cases for change
- developing organisational change strategies
- monitoring and evaluating the impacts of change and development initiatives and interventions.
Make the OEI part of your drive for change
The OEI is best applied by people who’ve been trained to use it. We offer two options:
- A trained and experienced Human Synergistics consultant can help you to use the OEI and implement the cultural change you seek. Simply contact us to find a consultant who’s right for you.
- You can ‘do it yourself’ by arranging OEI accreditation for one or more of your team. This will ensure they have the skills to administer the OEI and implement meaningful long-term change. To get started, register for an accreditation workshop.
If you would like to know more about the Organisational Effectiveness Inventory™, or any of our wide range of diagnostic tools, please get in touch and we will be happy to assist you.