Changing the World—One Organisation at a Time® Human Synergistics is about change – promoting constructive behaviours and creating sustainable cultures.
Changing the World—One Organisation at a Time®
So what’s behind our mission statement?
Human Synergistics’ research clearly shows that:
- There are certain ways of thinking and behaving that enhance performance at the individual, group and organisational levels. These can be measured and they can be learned and developed. We call these behaviours, as well as norms for these behaviours, Constructive styles.
- There are certain other ways of thinking and behaving that inhibit performance at the individual, group and organisational levels. These can be measured and they can be curtailed or changed. We call these Passive/Defensive and Aggressive/Defensive styles.
- Many organisations and the managers and leaders within them unintentionally promote, encourage and reward behaviours (Defensive) that are not associated with, or detract from, effectiveness.
- Many of the structures and systems that organisations use (e.g., for communicating, training, rewarding) create expectations for people to behave in ways that do not support high performance (culture). They often perpetuate the very Defensive behaviours the organisation is attempting to change.
- Many leaders simply do not understand the impact they have on others, and often this impact reinforces Defensive thinking and behaviour, which in turn stifles creativity, adaptability and performance.
- When individuals, managers, leaders, groups and organisations genuinely adopt Constructive behaviours and make them part of their culture, the organisations effectiveness will improve. The result is increased employee engagement, teamwork, adaptability and customer satisfaction – and greater effectiveness over the long term.
So we want to help individuals, managers, leaders and organisations change and develop.
We can help people enjoy their work, help teams work better and help organisations achieve sustainable performance.
If we can constructively change enough organisations and their members, we can ultimately develop and improve the societies within which they operate – thereby Changing the World—One Organisation at a time.